This is the square I made for Christi. It's called Winter Jewel. It's really a 7" sq, but I used an "H" hook and it came out to a perfect 8" square!!!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
I meant to post these on July 15th when I finished them LOL. But here are my dishcloths. It is just a simple pattern of alternating shells and V-stich. There are three of them but one was hijacked by my son to become a blankie for his dinosaur.
They are made from Bernat Cotton and the color is Westport
Friday, July 24, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
This is from a stitch pattern called American School of Needlework #1228, 101 Stitches for Afghans by Jean Leinhauser
I used RHSS Coffee, ILTY in Dark Country Blue and RHSS in Aran. It's about 43" x 72". I used a rhdc - ch1 border.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Made this for a Friendship Swap square.... It's called "Starlight" by Mary Ann Sipes and I found it in a book Leisure Arts #584 Always Afghans.
The gauge in the book was way off, though - I used an I (called for a J) and it was still too big, had to fudge a little.
The yarns are a dark green I had in a Caron One Pounder and some RHSS Aran.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
I made this for my swap partner as well. It's from How Stuff Works and is done in a variety of different wools. Paton's Brown and Mountain Medley (or soemthign like that) and Lion's Cadet Blue are in there. I adapted teh pattern to make it a little bigger, too. Be careful - either I did something wrong or the pattern has the bottom going the wrong direction. I had to tear mine out and redo it.
This 8 inch square is a free pattern designed by Cylinda Mathews and can be found here.
Yarn used: Vanna's Choice-chocolate and beige
Hook used: H
Alterations: Follow pattern through round 4. Work rounds 5 and 6 in same manner already established. Work round 7 following the instructions for round 5.
This 8 inch square is a free pattern from Lion Brand's Circle in a Square Throw.
Yarn used: Vanna's Choice-chocolate and beige.
Hook used: H
Alterations: Follow pattern through round 8 (round 8 has errata)
Rnd 9: with beige, sc around working sc-ch1-sc in each corner
Rnd 10: with beige, hdc around working 3 hdc in each corner
Rnd 11: with beige, sc around working sc-ch2-sc in each corner
Rnd 12: with, chocolate, dc around working 3 dc in each corner
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I whipped this up in I Love this Cotton #86 Vintage Teal. ILTC is SOOOO soft! I completely see myself making a sweater in this yarn!
The pattern is from the book American School of Needlework Book #1309 Knit Dishcloth Sampler and is called "Chains". It's a very easy pattern to do - very straightforward!
Here is my final square for the first Biggest Loser contest. It's from a pattern in Leisure Arts #588, Crocheted Afghans for Baby called "Flower Granny". It's meant to be done in sport weight and a teeny hook, but I modified a little.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
I made more :) LOL. I just love the pink and brown (Rich Pink and Peat Brown by Phentax) The yellow and orange (Banana Yellow and Hot Orange by Bernat Cotton) are nice too, just not as nice as I thought they would be.
The pattern for these sandals can be found HERE
Saturday, July 11, 2009
This is my first "made to size" knit wearable! It is meant to go with my daughter's school uniform in the fall - it has to be Navy blue. I have three more to make before it gets cold, one for each child!
This took a little less that 4 skeins of RHSS Sport Weight in Navy, and used the (free) Summer Sox Cardigan pattern. If you make this, there are some pointers on the site that would help make this easier.
I made this lapsquare for Compassionate Creations. I wish that I could get a good picture to show the colors. I used RHSS artist print and frosty green held together, dc rows. The border is a single strand shell pattern in artist print, It is approx 25" x 27".
Friday, July 10, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
This was supposed to be a purse but when I started the graph I realized that it was too big so I decided to make it a tote bag instead.
It was originally a knitting graph found HERE, I just turned the graph sideways and used HDC and a 4.5mm crochet hook.
The pictures aren't the greatest, hopefully we will have a sunny day soon and I will be able to get better ones. I used Bernat worsted weight yarn in black and forest green, the green is actually a lot darker than it looks in the picture.