Wednesday, August 26, 2009
This cardigan is made from red Heart Soft yarn, in the color Guacamole. I think I used 3 skeins, but I'm not sure, it may have been 4. I can't remember how many I bought. This is the third thing I tried to make from this yarn. The pattern is here:
This is a very easy pattern, and only took me a few weeks to make. I could've finished it a lot faster if I had worked at it a little harder. I used a progressively smaller hook as I did the sleeves so that the wrist would be narrower than the top of the sleeve. I added several rows of SC around the neckline, since it was quite loose, and
I made the bottom edge straight by doing SC/HDC/DC as needed to get an even edge. I then did a border of DC followed by a round of SC around the entire sweater. I am considering adding some buttons to the front.
The bed-size blue/brown gahn and a 42 inch RR are going, along with the red/white/blue RR to Fisher House today.
The big ghan used appr. 2 sk each of coffee (RHSS); Earth & Sky (RHSS) and TLC's Robin Egg. The squares were about 13 inches or so.
The RR with blues used smidges of white and bright yellow, with Blue #886, Delft Blue and Lt. Periwinkle (all RHSS).
Monday, August 24, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Pattern used: Helenium flower from this book
Leaf from this blog
Ring from this pattern
Hook used: G for flower and leaf
H for ring
Yarn used: RHSS Ranch Red, Gold, Cornmeal
ILTY: Dk Olive
Notes: Cornmeal petals shortened by 3 chains.
Leave a 2 yd length of yarn at the beginning of ring for slip stitching in the beginning chain loops and sewing the flower to the ring. Slip stitch around the last round of the ring leaving 1 yd length of yarn for sewing the flower to the ring.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Here is the purse I made. I felted Cascade yarn - the overlay is by Artyarns. I made up the pattern as I went along. I had to add a snap, because it did not close the way I thought it might, because the strap doesn't slide easily.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Here is my finished afghan. I made the body of the afghan using a smaller version of this pattern:
Crochet Aran Afghan
I started with 125 FDC and then followed the pattern until the blanket was wide enough. I bordered it with a row of SC, and then a row of RHDC.
It turned out to be about 38 inches wide by 42 inches long.
I used Pound of Love in white. It took over a pound of yarn.